In order that all the children in St Paulinus learn in a happy environment where they are able to achieve their very best and are prepared for the next stages in their lives, we aim to:
1. Provide and develop a broad, balanced, relevant curriculum which ensures continuity and progression
2. Recognise that children are individuals and that each one has different needs.
3. Ensure children acquire personal and moral values based on the Christian doctrine and have confidence to make and hold moral judgements.
4. Motivate our pupils through our own enthusiasm and by creating a stimulating environment.
5. Set high but achievable standards. Children will be made aware of our expectations through the praise of their best efforts.
6. Work towards the child becoming increasingly responsible for his/her learning.
7. Help children to understand and modify their own behaviour and so develop self-discipline.
8. Encourage children to adopt a questioning approach to work in all areas of the curriculum.
9. Provide a caring environment where each child knows she/he is valued.
10. Develop a sense of corporateness through daily worship and to be aware of the close links between the school, parish church and local community.
11. Develop a partnership with parents in promoting the education of their child.