Crayford's first real school building was constructed in Old Road in 1813 with the financial help of the late Miles Barnes. It could accommodate 150 children, with separate sections for girls and boys. Further back were stocks used to punish seriously naughty boys.
In 1839 a school exclusively for girls and infants was built on the site of the present St Paulinus Court flats on Glebeland donated by the church.
A school for 100 boys was built in Iron Mill Lane, opposite the present site, in 1857. It cost £900, partly paid for by the sale of the Old Road Building, which was bought by David Evans. He demolished it and built a row of cottages in its place.
In 1866 a new infant school was built next the the girls' school. In 1931, older pupils - those aged from 11 to 14 - were transferred to the new Central Schools.
Disaster struck when the girls' and infants school was hit by a bomb in 1940. The children moved to the boys' school and it became mixed. Pupils continued to use the building until the 1970s, when it was well over 100 years old. In 1973, the Right Rev David Say, Bishop of Rochester, laid the foundation stone of the present building. It opened officially the following year. The old school was demolished for house building.
The new school was extended in 1983, again in 1995 when the infant section was added, and then again in 1999 when the practical suite and staff room improved the facilities once more.